- SBI toll free number
- SBI Balance Enquiry through Toll-Free Number
- Different method for SBI Balance Enquiry
- SBI ATM
- SBI Net Banking
- SBI SMS Service
- SBI Card Balance Enquiry
- SBI Passbook
- SBI Mobile Banking
- SBI Account Balance through Missed Call Banking
- SBI Balance Enquiry using USSD
SBI toll free number
An individual having a current or saving bank account with the State Bank of India (SBI) can check their balance through different methods. SBI Balance Enquiry services are offered through its toll-free number, mini statement, mobile banking, net banking, ATM, branch visit, passbook service, SMS banking (SBI Quick), etc. One can choose for anyone of the methods for SBI balance inquiry :
SBI Balance Enquiry through Toll-Free Number
SBI customers can utilize SMS banking services given by the bank to check their account balance or receive a mini-statement. Individuals just have to give a miss call or send a message from there registered mobile number to the SBI balance inquiry toll-free number. Within no time, individuals will receive their balance details on their phone.
- For account balance inquiry, an individual can give a missed call on the SBI balance inquiry toll-free number given below:
Or SMS “BAL” to 09223766666
- The toll-free (missed call service) SBI number for mini statement is given below:
Or SMS “MSTMT” to 09223866666
Different method for SBI Balance Enquiry
Here are a different ways through which an individual can check there SBI account balance.
- SMS Banking
- Net Banking
- Mobile Banking using the State Bank of India (SBI) Mobile Apps
- SBI Anywhere
- SBI Quick
- SBI Online
- SBI Anywhere Saral (SBI mPassbook)
- Missed Call Banking
Above balance option details discroption
An individual having an SBI saving or current account can use the Debit card issued to them for SBI account balance. They can visit to State Bank of India ATM and follow the below steps specified here:
- Swipe the SBI Debit card
- Use the 4-digit ATM PIN
- Choose the “Balance Enquiry” option
- Complete the transaction
Clients also have the choice to check their last 10 transactions by choosing the “Mini Statement” option at the ATM. You will get the receipt immediately with details of the last 10 transactions. SBI account holders can also avail this facility by visiting 3rd party ATM.
It is crucial to note here that RBI has restricted the number of free transactions per ATM card. Balance inquiry is also counted as a transaction. Once you consume your free transactions, Customers will have to give transaction charges for every transaction you carry out in the consistent month. Remember, the number of transactions involves both carried out at SBI and non-SBI ATMs.
Hence it’s advisable to account holders should always choose for SBI Balance Enquiry online. ATM should only be used for withdrawals or other services only.
SBI Net Banking
SBI account holders who have enrolled for the net banking services can use their SBI net banking credentials to log into their net banking account. They can pick a range of banking services provided by SBI to its customers including a balance inquiry, home loans, mortgage loans, funds transfer, personal loans, etc.
SBI SMS Service
If SBI clients have there mobile number registered in the bank account. They can follow the below suggested measures to register for the same. The format of the SMS is as mentioned below:
“REG<space>Account Number”to 09223488888
SBI will send a confirmation message of registration. SBI Customers can use this service to check the SBI account balance, generate a mini statement, can request for cheque book, e-statement download, interest certificate for education and home loans
SBI Card Balance Enquiry
SBI credit card users can monitor their balance and other details of related service using the SMS service. Get details by sending an SMS on 5676791 in the format given below:
|Balance enquiry||BAL XXXX|
|Available credit and cash limit||AVAIL XXXX|
|Block your lost or stolen card||BLOCK XXXX|
|Last payment status||PAYMENT XXXX|
|Reward point summary||REWARD XXXX|
|Subscribe to e-statement||ESTMT XXXX|
|Request for duplicate statement||DSTMT XXXX MM|
(Statement Month in MM)
- State Bank of India issues a passbook to its clients when they open a savings bank account.
- To stay updated with banking transactions and closing balance one has to regularly update is bank passbook through the nearest branch and ATM.
- This method of balance inquiry is still accessible since a lot of people are still not interested in using net banking or mobile banking services offered by the bank.
SBI Mobile Banking
SBI allows mobile banking services to its clients through a variety of mobile apps including SBI Anywhere, SBI Online, and SBI Anywhere Saral. Here are the various methods in which account holders can check SBI account balance using mobile phones:
1. SBI Anywhere
- SBI clients can download the SBI Anywhere app on their Android or iOS devices to avail the mobile banking facilities
- One can log in using the mobile banking login ID and password.
- Clients can avail lots of banking services such as balance enquiry, account statement check, funds transfer, pay credit card bills, recharge etc.
2. SBI Online
- SBI account owners can use the SBI online portal simply on their smartphones for SBI banking services such as funds transfer, balance check, account statement, NEFT, IMPS, etc.
- This application gives the interface similar to the SBI desktop website
- Just by entering the net banking login ID and password, customers get access to all these banking services directly.
3. SBI Anywhere Saral
- SBI corporate internet banking clients can use this application to carry out banking activities
- They can do a funds transfer, mobile recharge, balance inquiry, check the last 10 transactions, get a mini account statement, etc.
- Retail SBI clients cannot use this app for a balance inquiry
SBI Account Balance through Missed Call Banking
Missed call banking enables customers to perform a number of banking services just by giving a missed call or sending an SMS to the bank.
The service is also given by SBI which includes SBI Balance Check, mini-statement, E-statement (last 6 months), and education and home loan interest rate statement, ATM configuration, generate ATM PIN, home and personal loan details, etc. This service is promoted by RBI and given by most banks in the nation.
There may be specific but minimum charges linked with the service especially for sending and receiving SMS. The charges are subject to the bank’s policy. However, most banks do not charge anything for balance inquiry on their toll-free number. The most important benefit of this facility is for the individual who has multiple accounts in the same bank.
The bank will send a message including the balance details of all the accounts with the account number and account nature.
In case, this service does not work due to a technical issue, customers are suggested to wait and try again after some time.
Missed Call Banking Registration
- Clients are required to registered their mobile number for the service
- This is a one-time process in which one has to send an SMS mentioning ‘REG<SPACE>Account Number’ to 09223488888. An acknowledgment message from the bank will be sent notifying that the service has been activated for the account.
SBI Balance Enquiry using USSD
Unstructured Supplementary Service Data abbreviated as USSD is a GSM communication technology used for the transmission of data between a mobile phone and an application program in the network. The SBI users having Current/ Savings bank account are likely to use the service.
- Customer can enquire about the account balance
- Get the mini statement (last 5 transactions)
- Money transfer to other bank accounts
- Mobile and dish TV Recharge
How to start the USSD Session?
This is vital to note that the clients already using Application based or WAP-based Mobile Banking Service will not be having access to use the service over USSD. In case, if the current user wishes to avail the service, he/she needs to de-register from the App based or WAP-based service before registering for the USSD service.
To register for SBI Balance Enquiry using USSD, dial *595#
The clients will get a reply ‘’Welcome to State Bank Mobile Application”. Upon providing the correct User ID, the customer will get the following response. Opt from the set of options given for the necessary service:
- Fund Transfer
- Mobile Top-up
- Change MPIN
- Forgot MPIN
The clients need to reply with the correct option number. Select ‘Answer’ and choose the serial number from the set of choices given above and select ‘Send’.
How to use SBI USSD service?
Below given are the detailed explanation of the mobile banking services one can avail over USSD:
|Service via USSD||USSD Code|
|Balance Enquiry & Mini Statement||Enter *595# and Enter the User IDPress ‘Answer’ and Choose ‘Option 1’Choose from ‘balance enquiry’ or ‘mini statement’ Enter the MPIN and Send|
|Fund Transfer||Enter *595# and Enter the User IDPress ‘Answer’ and Choose ‘Option 2’Register Payee by entering the Payee account no.Enter MPIN & Send|
|Prepaid Mobile Top-up||Enter *595# and Enter the User IDPress ‘Answer’ and Choose ‘Option 3’ & SendEnter the name of the service providerPress ‘Answer’ & Enter the Mobile NumberEnter the Top-up amount & Press ‘Send’Enter the MPIN and Send|
|De-Register||Enter *595# and Enter the User IDPress ‘Answer’ and Choose ‘Option 6’ & SendEnter the MPIN and Send|
How to Register for SBI Balance Enquiry using USSD?
The account holders who wish to enroll for SBI Balance Enquiry using USSD service are required to SMS in the following format:
<MBSREG>to 9223440000 or 567676
SBI account holder will receive a “User ID” and default “MPIN” via SMS.
To register for SBI Balance Enquiry using USSD, it is compulsory for the user to change the MPIN and complete the registration process from the nearest ATM or branch. Follow the below-given steps:
- Dial *595#
- Enter ‘4’ and Send
- Accept the terms & conditions displayed
- Press ‘Answer’ & Enter ‘1’
- Enter old MPIN and Press ‘Send’
- Enter new MPIN and Press ‘Send’
The MPIN will be changed and the user will receive the validation message via SMS. For further activation, the clients need to visit the nearest ATM or Bank Branch.
For activation at ATM, follow the given steps:
- Swipe the debit card & Choose ‘Mobile Registration’ option
- Enter the ATM PIN and Choose ‘Mobile Banking’
- Select ‘Registration and Enter the Mobile Number
- Choose ‘Yes’ and then select ‘Confirm’
- Collect the transaction slip displaying ‘Mobile Registration Successful’ message
Importance of Regular SBI Balance Check
Most public and private sector banks offer comfortable and easy ways to help them check account balance from anywhere, anytime.
Normally, balance inquiry is one of the most common services, as it is used for numerous reasons –
- To assure that the account has enough funds for money transfer, cheque payment, etc.
- To verify if the money sent by the receiver has been credited to the account
- To be sure that the amount debited for a transaction that abandoned has been credited back
- To check if the interest (in a savings account) has been credited by the bank on time